Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cold Bodies. Warm Heart.

"Cold Bodies. Warm Heart."

Quite possibly one of the cheesiest taglines for a movie EVER. The trailer? No better. After first seeing the preview for Warm Bodies, a zombie romance film, I had absolutely no intention of ever seeing that movie. However, the movie was getting rave reviews from everyone I knew, so, I just had to go check it out. And I can honestly say, I'm glad I did.

Warm Bodies is the story about a zombie named R who is different from other zombies. He thinks differently than they do. One day, he meets a human named Julie, and that's when things start to change. And by things, I mean the zombies. They literally start to change and cure themselves. It all stems from R and Julie, who start to fall in love.

It's a very Twilightesque type movie, but it also had it's Romeo and Juliet star-crossed lovers thing going on. It even had a balcony scene, like R&J. Who would've thought that even zombies could fall in love. All I know is, by the end of the movie every girl in the theater wished they had a zombie boyfriend. I know I wish I did. And it doesn't help that Valentine's is right around the corner... OK - I'm going to go eat a whole box of chocolates now....

But seriously, such a cute movie. A little weird at times, but if you can sit through the whole movie, I guarantee you, R will win you over, just like he did me. (3 Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment