Monday, October 15, 2012

This is NOT Sparta

So far, the best thing about college is when your professor assigns a movie for HW. I could get used to this... Even if the movie does suck, I'll still watch it.

For one of my classes, we had to read the play, The Persians, by Aeschylus II, which is based off of the real life battle between the Persians and Spartans. Then, we had to watch the movie 300, which is also about a battle between the Persians and the Spartans. However, in the play, the Persians and slaughtered. In the movie, the Spartans are slaughtered...

Anyways, back to the movie. It is based on the famed battle the Persians fight at Thermopylae in 480 B.C. King Leonidas, the kind of Sparta, leads 300 men into battle against over 3,000 Persians. Somehow, the Spartans managed to hold off the Persians for three days with little to no casualties, but finally, in the last battle, all the remaining soldiers were killed.

Now, as great and wonderful as this sounds, I really didn't like this movie. I've always wanted to see this movie because it is so famous for it's line when King Leonidas, portrayed by Gerard Butler (one of my favorites), yells "WE ARE SPARTA!!!" and plus I had heard this was a really great movie.

Firstly, I couldn't stand to watch the movie because it all looked like a really bad animation. Secondly, the movie had very little story line, it was just a straight war. It just didn't hold my attention very much. Thirdly, the people in this movie were not attractive AT ALL, and all of them loked like they had fake abs because of the horrible computer graphics...

I really don't have anything nice to say about this movie. I didn't really like it very much, and it certainly didn't live up to it's hype. But, as I said earlier, I will gladly watch movies for Homework... even if they aren't the best movies in the world.

Oh, and just a little warning for those faint of heart. There is A LOT of blood and guts, and a LOT of nudity. You've been warned.

That's All For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment