Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm a Failure at Life

So there's this really awesome blog that I started following, and the author, Jen, is my inspiration for life. She is HILARIOUS. The blog is called: People I Want to Punch in the Throat. Follow her on facebook, because she is truly amazing.

Well, something she said in one of recent posts really got me thinking.

And my conclusion is: I am a complete failure at life.

Wanna know how I got to this conclusion? It's a pretty funny story really.

So me and my sister decide we wanted some froyo (frozen yogurt for those of you who don't know what that means) and we were having a nice little chit-chat. When suddenly I realized something. Never once in my life have I watched a complete TV series from Pilot episode to series finale.

HOW PATHETICALLY EMBARRASSING.

So to emphasize the amount of my failures, I will enlighten you with SOME of the shows (that I can recall) that I have never finished watching in their entirety.

It all started with Blue's Clues, I ditched that show when creepo Joe joined the crew...
Then here's the rest:
  1. Charmed
  2. SNL
  3. Gilmore Girls
  4. Full House
  5. Brady Bunch
  6. 7th Heaven
  7. Gilligan's Island
  8. Lost
  9. The Flintstones
  10. The Jetsons
  11. Walker, Texas Ranger
  12. Tom and Jerry
  13. Veggietales
  14. Lizzie McGuire (although I'm not positive about this one)
  15. Hannah Montana
  16. Phil of the Future
  17. Even Stevens
  18. Doug
  19. The Weekenders
  20. Recess
  21. Bill Nye
  22. Cheers
  23. Frasier
  24. The Tudors
  25. 90210
  26. Beverly Hills 90210
  27. I Love Lucy
  28. Big Bang Theory
  29. American Horror Story
  30. That 70s Show
  31. Everybody Loves Raymond
  32. MASH
  33. Friends
  34. Gossip Girl
  35. Vampire Diaries
  36. New Girl
  37. Hot In Cleveland
  38. Dick Van Dyke
  39. Parks and Recreation
Yea, that's not even everything.

Now here's the list of shows that I have seen in their entirety.
  1. How i Met Your Mother
  2. Glee
And the worst part is those shows aren't completely over yet.

I just fail.

Here's what happens. I get the DVD collections or series on Netflix, so I get hooked on a show and I watch it constantly. But eventually I get busy or don't watch them for a couple of days in a row, and I'll wind up moving onto a new show. OR, I'll have this sudden random urge to start watching a different series. It's really bad. But I LOVE TV SHOWS. I just have a problem watching them from beginning to end. I wonder why?

My current TV infatuation is Cheers because the other day while I was watching Hot In Cleveland I had a random urge to watch Frasier since half the cast was on that show. And I realized I had never seen Cheers from beginning to end which is the show where Dr. Frasier Crane got his start. So if and when I ever finish Cheers I will attempt to watch Frasier from start to finish. Maybe eventually I will finish Charmed like I keep saying I will on this stupid blog.

This blog is getting me no where in life.

It just reminds me of what I failure I am.

But then again, it gives me a purpose and drive to write and entertain with that which is written. It is only through failure that we are ever able to accomplish something.

Peace Out Kids.

1 comment:

  1. come on Shelbro! You gotta commit! haha Finish each series! :P

    ReplyDelete