Monday, January 16, 2012

No. 5

In one of my favorite shows, Gilmore Girls, there are numerous occasions when one of the characters, Lorelai, turns to her daughter Rory, and says something along the lines of this: "Do you smell that? Rory, do you smell that? Faint little auras of Chanel Number 5... You're grandmother has been here."

It is without a doubt that Chanel No. 5 has a very distinct smell, just like Coco herself was a very unique woman with tastes in fashion that are for the ages.

So blah blah blah right? What could my blog have anything to do with Coco Chanel? Well, I just watched a movie by the very same name of course, Coco Chanel, which I have given four stars. It was a lifetime original movie that my mom had been wanting to see for a while, and it finally made it's way to the top of our Netflix Mountain.

It tells the story of Coco Chanel's struggle and love and so much more. I find it truly amazing that the most inspirational people had the hardest lives. It just goes to show that a good thing doesn't always come easily.

They picked two wonderful actresses to portray Coco Chanel, and I couldn't have imagined it any other way. The wonderful Shirley MacLaine played the spit-fire older version of Mademoiselle Chanel, bitter in her old age, but still determined as ever to "Dress women the way women want to be dressed." The young Chanel is played by Barbora Bobulova who depicts the struggles and heartbreak of the graceful ambitious Chanel so well.

I thought it was a really good movie overall, and I would love to watch it again. However, it did seem extremely long. Little fun fact though, it was up for a few awards in the 2009 Golden Globes!

Peace Out Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment