Friday, September 28, 2012

You Just Got Pitch Slapped

OH. MY. GOSH.

OK - so I know that yesterday I said that Troy was the best movie ever, but I take that back. Pitch Perfect is. I mean, that movie is amazing. I literally just got home from the movie theater and it is taking everything I have not to turn back around and go see it again. Really. I'm not kidding. It was so good.

The movie is about an acapella group who is trying to make it to nationals, after having a horrible performance the previous year. I know what y'all are thinking right now... "That seems a lot like the show Glee." Well... It is, but it's way more awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I love Glee. But Glee has NOTHING on Pitch Perfect.

This movie was just one of those feel-good movies. There really isn't anything negative about it, and I love that it was set in a college environment instead of the cliche high school one that most movies seem to rely on.

And for those of you that aren't big on the whole "glee" thing, the movie isn't just about singing, it has other storylines too. Of course, it has a somewhat gooey romance, but it's super cute. Plus, one of the main characters is a MAJOR movie buff, which of course is super awesome, because obviously I am too, and he was so adorable, I loved his character.

Even if you don't like any of what I've said so far, there is one last reason you should go see this movie: FAT AMY. Many of you will recognize Fat Amy. She is played by the actress who plays Brynn in Bridesmaids (The Fat British one with the Drinking Worm tattoo) and of course she makes the movie so funny, there is never a dull moment. We laughed the entire movie, mostly because of Fat Amy.

Other notable faces you may recognize include: Anna Kendrick (Jessica from Twilight), Brittany Snow (Prom Night, The Pacifier, John Tucker Must Die, Hairspray - all amazing movies that you should watch), and Elizabeth Banks (Effie Trinkett from The Hunger Games!!!).

Honestly, words cannot express how much I loved this movie. It had a really great classic storyline (and by that I mean slightly cheesy, enticing, and hilarious), a really awesome soundtrack (like really really really awesome, I'm buying it as we speak), and a really awesome cast (aside from those that I already mentioned of course).

I will probably be laughing maniacally to myself for the next week or so as I remember various lines from the movie. In fact, I just started laughing as I remember one particular Bridesmaids-esque scene. *Hint-It envolves a rather unfortunate bodily function*

OH. FUN FACT!!!!! This movie was filmed on LSU's campus! Now speaking as an Aggie - SSSSSSSSSSSSSS. But speaking as a non-ag, THAT IS SO COOL.

So anyways... Go see it, and I hope all y'all have the same opinion as me!

Laytaaaaaa.

1 comment: