Monday, September 17, 2012

A Little Late, But Here It Is!

OK, so before I get started, I'm going to let you know that my opinion on this next movie tends to stray from the normal opinions. Everyone I know loves this movie, except for me...

The movie is Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
The movie is a "parody" of The Odyssey, but not quite a parody, because they aren't really making fun of it... But the movie is based on The Odyssey, even though the people who wrote the movie had never actually read the book. It's complicated...

Anyways, it has a rockstar cast including George Clooney, that weird guy from Holes, John Goodman, a couple of other recognizable faces, and only one black guy. Great, huh? P.S. I love love love George Clooney, he is gorgeous for an old guy.

So basically, these three fugitives break out of prison (thus the fugitives) on the quest for a treasure that Clooney's character buried a while back. On the way they face "constant sorrows" while trying to evade the police/sheriff or whatever it was called in the south during the late 1930s. Then there is a bit with the cyclops, a bank robber, even the KKK, but really Clooney's character was lying the whole time, there was no treasure, he just wanted to stop his wife from getting married to someone new.

And the three fugitives and their black friend become superstars as The Soggy Bottom Boys!!!!

I honestly don't like this movie because it is so bizarre and weird, but I LOVE THE SOUNDTRACK. The music in this movie is the best hands down, so if anything watch the movie for the music, and maybe you'll wind up liking the movie too. It's actually starting to grow on me a bit...

Well that's really all for now, sorry this isn't the best review... Hopefully I'll have a new one soon!!!

Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment