Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Yeeeeaaaaaa Buddy!

Woot woot!!! Get pumped! Get excited! Because you know what?!?!?! Yea!!! That's what!!! Mmmmhhhhhhmmmmm. Oh yea!!!!

Ok, I'm a little excited can you tell?!
Today marks a very special day!!! I have had this blog for exactly..... Wait for it....

ONE YEAR, SIX MONTHS, AND FOUR DAYS!!!!!!!!! That my friends, is pretty amazing. If I do say so myself...

It has been an incredible journey and I am so blessed for those that have followed me from the beginning and for those that probably just found out about my blog today. BUT!!! You are all very incredibly awesome and I couldn't keep writing without y'all! Now, in saying so, it seems that many people, older and newer followers, don't really know what this blog is really all about.

Let me guess, most of y'all just think that I review movies and I want to see 1001 movies before I die. WRONG. I probably already have seen that many movies, honestly. I love love love to watch movies.

So today's post isn't a review of the latest movie, book, or TV Show that I've gotten into. Today's post is just going to be a recap of the true meaning of my blog.

Here's how the story goes...

Once upon a time there was this little girl named Shelbi who dreamed of becoming a best selling author, much to the likes of J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, or C.S. Lewis. Then one day, Shelbi saw a movie called Julie and Julia and she knew that she was meant to start a blog. However, Shelbi needed a topic of interest. In the movie, Julie wrote about the different recipes she made from Julia Child's cookbook. Shelbi did not like to cook. But she loved to read, write and watch movies. Shelbi even had a book called "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die" (The 5th Edition)! She knew right then and there that her destiny awaited... DUM DA DUHHHHH.

Anyways.... That's how this blog started. That movie inspired me, so I set about to do movie reviews and books reviews. However, the title of my blog is The Quest to See 1001 Movies Before I Die because I want to see the specific 1001 movies from the book I mentioned in the paragraph above. I think that has been confusing some people so I just wanted to clarify. I will, however, watch movies and take suggestions that are not from the book specifically. Also, the title of the book is incredibly long, so in many of my posts, I refer to it as "The Book".

Is everyone on the same page now?! Awesome!!!

I hope to have some more reviews for y'all soon!!!! And don't forget to add your friends to the Facebook group so we can spread the love and the blogging goodness!

Love y'all!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment