Thursday, July 26, 2012

Be Brave My Wee Friends!

Hi, my name is Shelbi, and I'm a sucker for kid's movies.

[Everybody joins in] Hi Shelbi...

Yea, y'all better not judge me, but it's true, some of my favorite movies are designed to entertain little kids, like Tangled for instance.

If you haven't guessed it, I'm going to do a review for a kid's movie... (:

Yes, ladies and gents, Disney Pixar's Brave is the latest and greatest movie out on the streets! And honestly, it wasn't that bad, but compared to other Disney movies, I couldn't say it ranks in my favorites.

Brave is about a Scottish Princess who must choose between three suitors, one from each clan besides her own. However, Merida, the princess, is no ordinary princess. She loves Archery, goofing around with her three younger brothers, and nothing related to being a princess. Because of this, Merida and her mother, Elinor, don't get along very well. Elinor sees one thing for her daughter, while Merida sees something completely different. Not to mention her three choices for a husband were NOT impressive, at all. So Merida escapes and stumbles upon an old witch in the woods, whose voice might sound familiar to you (Because it's Mrs. Weasley!!!). Anyways... Old witch gives Merida a spell that turns Elinor into a... Bear!!!! And since bears are not looked on very highly in the kingdom, Merida and Elinor must run off and hide while learning to face their differences!!

Ca-yoot movie, but like I said, not my favorite, and definitely not what I was expecting after seeing the previews!! Kind of reminded me a little bit of that old bear movie, Big Brother!

However, I still recommend that you go see it with your family! It's a Disney movie, it can never go wrong! Plus it's a good, clean-cut, wholesome movie with a great moral!!!

My final rating is 4 stars! (:

See y'all laterzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment