Thursday, December 20, 2012

More Magical Movies

Everyone get really excited because PITCH PERFECT IS NOW ON DVD AND BLURAY!!!! And you know that I've already watched it quite a few times...

But, also get excited because I have quite a few more movie reviews for you! Y'all know the drill by now right?

1. Barney: Night Before Christmas (1 Star)
What kids didn't watch Barney when they were little? After watching the cooks Christmas special, I don't understand how any kids could find entertainment in this. Lots of little kids singing loudly and playing with a bunch of dinosaurs that conveniently disappear whenever the parents are around... I will give Barney a little credit though, he always seems to teach the kids a good lesson, and this one was just a little more Christmas-y.

2. The Polar Express (3 Stars)
Everyone thinks I'm crazy because I had never seen this movie before, but I really hadn't! It was a cute movie though, it certainly had the Christmas Magic that enforces the belief in Santa in young children. My only complaint is the crude animation. It makes the people look really creepy. My favorite part is the music; the score from this movie is incredible. I can definitely see everyone's draw to this movie though!

3. How About You (2 Stars)
This isn't your typical Christmas movie, that is for sure. It's about a retirement home! A bunch of cooks, grumpy old people live there and drive away any new tenants and most of the workers. However, I the Christmas Spirit they learn that they are just one gigantic dysfunctional family. Also, I'd like to throw out that the lady who plays Professor Umbridge is one of the cooks old ladies.

4. A Golden Christmas (3 Stars)
This was a cute Christmas movie and definitely worth watching. It's about a lady who revisits her childhood home in hopes of buying it. She has a special connection to that house from when she was a little girl and had a little rendezvous with a boy from camp. Little did she know, someone had already bought the house. In her attempt to buy the house from him, she rediscovers her childhood love.

5. A Golden Christmas 2: The Second Tail (3 Stars)
I have to say this sequel was a bit of a disappointment. I had assumed that it would be a continuation from the first love story, but rather it was a totally different love story. The only reason it could be considered a sequel is because the parents from the original movie are in this one. It was still a cute story though and worth the watch!

6. Yes, Virginia (4 Stars)
This is a really cut TV special about a girl named Virginia in the search to find out whether or not Santa is real. I loved this movie because even when Virginia had doubts about Santa, she still embodied the Christmas Spirit, always helping others, even when she was in need herself.

7. Bah Humduck! A Looneytunes Christmas (3 Stars)
If you haven't seen enough movies related to Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, then I have another one for you. This isn't my favorite adaptation of A Christmas Carol, but it puts a different spin on it that could be more relatable to a younger audience.

8. Christmas Lodge (3 Stars)
This is one of the best representations of a good Christmas Story I have seen thus far. It's a good, wholesome, Christian movie, and doesn't glamorize Christmas like Hollywood. You can really see how the people in the movie represent their faith to the fullest. On a side note, the movie is about a woman who helps restore an old lodge she used to spend her childhood Christmases at, all the while finding love in the lodge's new owner.

9. A Magical Cartoon Christmas (2.5 Stars)
This is another collection of short holiday-themed animations. This is my favorite collections of the ones I have seen this year so far, they weren't all super creepy, but rather had a classic animation feel. It did have a few repeats of the ones in other collections though!

10. An Angel For Christmas (2 Stars)
Yet another animation about the true spirit of Christmas, and of all of the movies I've watched this winter, this is the first one that has mentioned the Story of Jesus. It's about a town in Ireland that has forbidden Christmas and an Angel is sent down to bring it back. With the story of Jesus and Christmas on her side, she is able to bring Christmas back as its rightful holiday.

11. Bob the Builder: Christmas to Remember (2 Stars)
Alright, part of me wants to admit that this was actually pretty good, and then the other part of me thinks this was painfully awful. Seriously, the cars can talk to people... AND Elton John is a guest star... BUT, it has a cute storyline. So... I'm torn. Either way, it wasn't the best so far, and it was Bob the Builder... One of the oddest kid shows ever.



ALRIGHT. Now for some more fun non-Christmas movies.

WRECK IT RALPH.
I went and saw this movie the other day, and it was pretty much AWESOME. I don't know about y'all, but when I was younger, I thought that the SuperNintendo was the coolest thing EVER. I played it all the time, I guess you could've called me a gamer. Wreck It Ralph brought back all those awesome memories of playing SuperNintendo when I was a kid. The main character Ralph decides he's tired of being the bad guy in his game so he jumps from game to game to prove that he's more than the villain. There are so many references to games both new and old and it puts a really cool modern twist on arcade games. I strongly recommend this movie to both young and old, although I doubt younger viewers will appreciate the old references as much. My only complaint is the one slip of the tongue when one character calls another character a pussy, which is absolutely unnecessary in a children's movie... But other than that its wonderful!

More movies for y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment