Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Two Most Anticipated Movies of Last Year

I know it took me a while to review these movies since I saw them a while back, but I promise I had a good excuse. The good news is I have two killer movie reviews for you, for two of the most anticipated films of 2012, Les Miserables and The Hobbit!

The reason it took me so long to review The Hobbit (because I actually saw it over two weeks ago) is because I wanted to read the book so I could give y'all an accurate review. My overall opinion is that it was a wonderful movie and has the same feel to it as all of The Lord of the Rings films. And by that, I mean LONGGGGGGG, but very good, and definitely interesting. Now, if compared to the book, I would say that the movie is extremely similar to the book, but many of the supporting details are very different. I know this must sound confusing, but if you've read the book and seen the movie, you'd probably understand. The movie has a lot of background history that isn't in the books, and some of the history is changed, liked the fact that the dwarves do not like the elves. Yet, the dialogue at times is taken straight from the book. They also added a lot of details that weren't in the book, which is, I'm sure, part of their ploy to make this ONE book into THREE movies. But, like I said, the movie is amazing. One of my favorite aspects is the incredible attention to detail. The set, costumes, props, everything has such immaculate detail, it is absolutely profound. I recommend this movie highly, but maybe not worth the watch in 3D.

As for Les Mis. AMAZING. In my opinion the best movie of the year. The music, the casting, the acting, the set, it was all absolutely spectacular. A little warning, it is a sad story, so you might want to bring some tissues, but its a good sad story that you want to watch over and over and over. Also, it's an opera, which means there is virtually no speaking, only singing, which I was perfectly fine with. My only complaint: Russell Crowe. He was AWFUL. You could tell that everyone cast in the movie could sing, which they did. When the movie was filmed, they sang live, they didn't lip sync to prerecorded music like most musical movies. That shows you the amount of talent the cast held. However, like I said, Russell Crowe sucked. He could not sing a note to save his life. It was like listening to Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia! but on a larger and longer scale. Thankfully, the rest of the cast way outshines his horrid caterwauling. In my opinion, they deserve every award they were nominated for (except for Crowe of course).

And on a side note, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment