Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Day Off!

Did everyone have a good fourth yesterday?
I did!

Even though there weren't any fireworks or big pool parties, I enjoyed my evening just fine. I was lucky enough to get the whole day off from work, so what better thing to do than watch movies all day?
You know that's exactly what I did.

First of all, congratulations are in order. Because.......

64 down, 937 to go!!!!!!!
Mhmmmm, I watched not 1 but 2 movies from The Book yesterday.
Take that, suckers!

First was a Woody Allen great, Manhattan. After watching this movie, I'm pretty sure I will enjoy Woody Allen's other movies. His movies are all about the script, he doesn't have many special effects, but his cinematography is amazing. The whole movie is in black and white, which adds flavor to the movie. He really plays with shadows and textures with the black and white filming. I loved the score for the movie, some great music! And I love the way Allen incorporates the music with montages of New York, and the life of his characters. It deserved its place in The Book, and I give it 4 stars!

This puts my Meryl Streep counter (I forgot to mention she plays Woody's ex-wife in Manhattan) to 7 of 65. Yay! I'm closer!

After watching that black and white masterpiece, I was in the mood for a good old classic movie. In The Book and on my Netflix queue was a movie I had been dying to see for quite some time, and I was in the perfect mood for it. An Affair to Remember is possibly one of the greatest movies I have ever seen, 4.5 stars, the half star deducted for making me cry too much. This is just an absolute masterpiece and you should go see this before sunset, not before you die, because if you haven't seen it, your missing out on so much. So many people now use The Empire State Building as a romantic icon in movies, TV Shows, and even real life because of this movie. Take Sleepless in Seattle for example. So go see this movie, like, NOW.
K thanks.

Another actress I hope to see all of her films is Reese Witherspoon. She may not have as many films as Meryl, but I love her all the same. Yesterday, I saw one of her firsts, Wildflower. That was such a cute movie, 3 stars. It was directed by Diane Keaton, not one of my favorites, but I was gladly surprised at how much I liked it. The only weird part was that Reese sounds exactly the same, but she looks like she's 12 in the movie. I'm not sure of her actual age at the time, but if you close your eyes and listen you would expect to see herself as she is now, not then. Anyways... here are the movies of hers I have seen so far.
  • Wildflower (3 stars)
  • Legally Blonde (5 stars)
  • Sweet Home Alabama (5 stars)
  • Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde (4 stars)
  • Just Like Heaven (4 stars)
  • Walk The Line (5 stars)
  • Penelope (2 stars)
  • Four Christmases (2 stars)
So that makes my Reese Countdown 8 of 31! WOO!

Lately, I've been on a documentary kick. They have been fascinating me, and I have no clue why.

The first I watched was actually more of a documentary series about the Disney Parks. THEY WERE SO COOL. They made me want to go back to Disney. If you're ever bored, look these up. They all start with Disney Parks: (And this part would be which documentary it is). Anyways, I loved them, and you find out so much about Disney you wouldn't have known before.

The second documentary is probably the coolest, funniest thing I have ever seen. Definitely gets 5 stars. The 50Worst Movies Ever Made. Yes, that is the name of the documentary. It shows little clips of the 50 worst movies of all time. Yes, these movies look BAD. Most of them either have a man in a gorilla suit, Bela Lugosi (Dracula to most people) or some weird mutant creature/Mad scientist. And if anyone was wondering (because I was) none of the 50 Worst Movies made it into the 1001 to see before you die. I was secretly hoping at least one would...

Now onto HP3, or for those of you who don't know me, Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban. This one didn't have many fun facts, but here's a few.
  • Dudley didn't have a single speaking part in the entire movie.
  • The new director wanted to get to know the characters better so asked each of Daniel, Rupert, and Emma to write an essay about their character. Emma turned in a 16 page essay, Daniel a one-page summary, and Rupert nothing at all.
  • The new director for the film hadn't read a single Potter book or seen the first two movies.
  • The new Dumbledore didn't read a single Potter book through the course of filming the entire film series, because he didn't feel it was necessary.
Well that's about it for today!
Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment