Thursday, July 21, 2011

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Yea, yea, yea. Don't even start. I know it has been a very long time sense my last post. And I know I promised to write more, but I have been putting it off for a very specific reason.

I knew that my next post would have to include my review of HP 7 Part 2, and honestly, I'm not going to write one. By writing a review of that movie, it would bring closure, and I'm not quite ready for that. Harry Potter was my whole childhood. I wanted to be Hermione, get my acceptance letter, and go to Hogwarts, and now it's over, and I'm not ready for it to be. So if I keep putting off the review, I'm not accepting the end, and that is that. So if you want to go see the slaughtering of a great book, be my guest, because I refuse to write how awful that movie was. I refuse to tell you how they ruined my favorite book by the author that made me realize that I want to write.

Oh, well I guess I just did write all that, but oh well. That's the closest to a review you will get out of me.

But I will tell you more on the theme of this post.
Wicked, magic, you name it.

Firstly, I finished The Heretic's Daughter, the story of a little girl as she has to witness, and live through, the Salem witch trials. I thought this story had a very interesting story line, but it isn't one that I will want to read many times again. I usually had to force myself to read it, but once I got started I could easily keep reading without force, or stop reading without hesitation. It was just an overall OK book, so I gave it 2 stars.

If you ever want to know more about the books I read, or what I thought about them, you can always become friends with me (or just stalk me) on my goodreads account.
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5556442-shelbi

That is possibly the coolest website invented, so check it out! :D

Now the next wicked, may be another form of evil.
We're talking about Horrible Bosses, one of the funniest movies of the year. I give it 4 stars.
One, it has Jennifer Aniston (another one of the actresses I would like to see all of her movies, her list coming soon). That movie was so funny. it had the same kind of humor of bridesmaids, just a little less vulgar content and more vulgar script. If you are looking for a movie that will literally make you Laugh Out Loud, then I suggest seeing this movie.

Jennifer Aniston counter:
  • Friends (5 Stars)
  • Rumor Has It (4 Stars)
  • Marley and Me (5 Stars)
  • He's Just Not That Into You (4 Stars)
  • The Bounty Hunter (3 Stars)
  • Horrible Bosses (4 Stars)
That makes 6 out of 27, but if you want to count each season of Friends individually...... hehe.

Now for my last little blurb, full of all kinds of magic, demons, and otherwise.

I've been a bit addicted (OK, extremely OBSESSED) with Charmed lately, and everything that has to do with Charmed. I juts LOVE that show. I used to watch it every day after school, and then I found out about 2 weeks ago that it was on the Netflix instant queue so I decided to watch it from the very beginning, especially since I had only seen a few episodes that actually had Shannen Doherty in it. My love for that show has become much stronger since then, and I watch it almost 24/7. I just got to the part where Leo and Piper get married (:
I love Leo, and Piper. They are soooo cute, and plus Piper is my favorite. I wish I had her power. I wish I was her. Haha.

Well anyways, I think that is going to be all for now, so enjoy!

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment