Friday, July 1, 2011

Screams, Thrills, Shrills, and Songs.

What do I love more than anything?

Watching movies on my day off of course!

I decided to knock off some of my Netflix movies! However, none were from the book, but oh well!

First, I watched Scream 2. Hehe I love those movies. (:
Wes Craven is a genius when it comes to scary movies, and his parodies (The Scream Movies) are even better in my opinion. If you like cheesy scary movies, watch Scream. I'm just waiting on Scream 3 to come in the mail, and Scream 4 to come out on DVD, but man I love these movies. I give the second Scream (and Stab-if you've seen the movie, you'll know what I mean) 4 stars! YAY!

Then, since I was in the mood for more scares, me and my mom decided to watch Shutter Island (which I thought was a scary movie.... Turns out it's not). Talk about a weird movie. 2 stars at best. The story line was a bit predictable if you ask me, and was too inception-y if you ask me. Which if anyone remembers, I did not particularly enjoy Inception either.... The only good thing about this movie is Leonardo DiCaprio, but even he isn't all that....

Anyways....

Then today, I got Rent in the mail from Netflix! WOOHOOOOOOOO!

I have been waiting to see this movie ever since
1) I found out Idina Menzel was in it (I FREAKIN' LOOOOOOOOOOVE HER!)
2) I found out Seasons of Love is a song from Rent
and 3) I heard Take Me or Leave Me on Glee

I had extremely high expectations for this movie, especially since I love Broadways and Musicals. Not to mention at least half of my iPod is either music from Broadways, Musicals, and Glee. Well I think I set my standards a bit too high, but I still enjoyed the movie. When you get past the excess of gay and drug usage, it's actually not that bad of a movie, 3 stars. Did I mention I love Idina Menzel? I am extremely pissed I was never able to see her in the Broadway rendition of Wicked... Well, anyways, back to Rent. The cool part about the movie is that most of the cast is from the cast on Broadway, with the exception of Mimi and Johanna, but they still did a great job, in my opinion. Ironically, even though Idina Menzel plays a lesbian in this movie, she married her costar, Taye Diggs, who played Benny. My favorite numbers from the movie are Tango: Maureen and Take Me or Leave Me- and no, it has nothing to do with the fact that Idina Menzel are in both.... Ok, maybe a little...

Of course, I have already bought the soundtrack and listened to it at least once. (:
Even though I only gave it 3 stars, I would still watch this movie again, so go watch it people!

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment