Sunday, July 24, 2011

Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire

I remember when I was a little kid, if I was caught lying I wold get a spanking.

Now, I have the worst guilty conscience. I can't tell a lie to save my life.

When adults lie though, the consequences seem to be a little different.
At least they are in Just Go With It and Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult.

Adam Sandler is one of the funniest people on the earth. And you all know how much I love Jennifer Aniston. Combine the two, and you get one of my new favorite movies, Just Go With It.

Yes, I know it came out a long time ago, but I never had time to go see it in theaters. But boy, am I glad I finally did see it. (: There isn't much to say about this movie, other than "Don't pour over me! Don't pour over me!" Yea, just go see it. 4 stars!

Then, sometimes, lying isn't a good thing. In Vanishing Acts lying lands the main character in jail. I was pleasantly surprised by the ending of this book. After reading My Sister's Keeper, I made a vow to never read another Jodi Picoult book again, but Book Club made me break that vow. I'm glad they did. I liked it, 3 stars.

Vanishing Acts is the story of a woman who finds out that she was kidnapped as a young child, by her own father. She starts to realize how much of this world is made up of lies and false memories, at the same time that her old life seems to unravel before her.

Its a good book, but it wasn't exactly a fast read. I usually had to make myself read, even though I was enjoying what I read, it just didn't have much of a pull factor for me until the very end of the book. Like her other books, Jodi Picoult writes the story in the different viewpoints of all the main characters. Most people don't like when authors do that, but I like it!

Well, I think that's going to be it for now.
I'm going to go watch Charmed now (:

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment