Sunday, January 13, 2013

Drive (Far Far Away)

I had quite a few reasons to watch the movie Drive. One of them being Ryan Gosling. Another reason was because it had been highly recommended by many of my peers. I was quite excited to watch it, honestly, but I can tell you from the start that I will NEVER watch this movie again.

First thing you need to know, ladies, is... Don't watch this movie just because Ryan Gosling is in it. Totally not worth it. Second thing you need to know is that this movie requires a strong stomach. This is definitely a mans movie, no doubt about it, but even some guys won't enjoy it. My dad, who loves all kinds of action movies - especially ones with awesome driving scenes - disliked this movie as much of the rest of my family. My sister, who had been the most keen to watch this, couldn't even make it through the whole movie. Why, you ask? Because it is vulgar, violent, and gory. I had to sit there on the couch and watch Ryan Gosling smash another guy's skull in. I saw another man stick a fork in someone's eyeball. Now, tell me if you still want to see this movie, because those two scenes weren't even the worst of it.

Now, if you're still interested, I'll tell you what the movie is actually about. It's about a getaway driver who gets stuck in the middle of a con man's deal and has to suffer the consequences. The bloody, gory, disgusting, give me nightmares consequences. The only good thing I can take away from this movie (aside from RG of course) is the awesome driving/chase scenes. Those were pretty cool. (2 Stars)

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment