Saturday, January 19, 2013

Scare the Pants Off Ya

I love scary movies. I love scary movies parodies even more. However, A Haunted House wasn't at all what I was expecting. Jimmy Fallon gave it a rave review. Everyone I had talked to said it was great and HILARIOUS.

The movie is about a guy's girlfriend who moves into his house, and with her, bring a demon. It is supposed to be a parody of Paranormal Activity and other scary movies of its kind. When it came to stuff about the ghost, the movie was hilarious, but it had a very raunchy sense of humor. After looking back on the movie, I don't think there was a single joke that wasn't about sex. So, even though it was a funny movie, it made me, and many other people, uncomfortable. Some people like that kind of humor. Personally, I don't mind it, in doses, not 90 minutes worth of straight sex humor and sex scenes and so on. But, like I said, it was funny and it did a great job of making fun of scary movies. I also appreciated how some parts of the movie stayed true to black stereotypes while other parts proved them wrong.

That's it for today, short and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment