Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Four Calling Birds

Well today was my first official day of winter break, and I only managed to watch one Christmas movie. But that is ok because one movie is better than one, wouldn't you say so?

Today's movie was Golden Winter. I did not have high hopes for this movie after the first five minutes. It is a live action film about a group of puppies that are abandoned by their owners and are trying to find their mom again. With the help of a young boy, they search for their mom and save Christmas in the process. Very cute concept for the movie and I loved the story-line. I did not like the cheap animation to make it look like the dogs were talking. It was downright creepy. If you want to do a movie about talking animals, either make it a cartoon or figure out something better. Some moments were cringe-worthy cheesy, but others were just the right amount. Overall, I'm giving the film 3 stars, because although I enjoyed it, little small things like the animation and bad acting took away from the overall entertainment value. And, apparently Haylie Duff is one of the voices for the dog, but I couldn't tell you which one. 

If you need a good movie with talking dogs, I would suggest sticking to the Air Bud franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment