Friday, February 11, 2011

And The Quest Begins...

There are many things I enjoy in life, but some inspire me to reach for the stars and make dreams come true. Reading, Writing, and Watching Movies. Every time I pick up a book, I feel transported into a whole different world, and I can set aside my hectic life back at home. Every word on the page strings together places only my imagination can take me.

Movies posses a similar sensation, but instead of my imagination, I see someone else's interpretation of a different life, a different world.

It is the written word, and visual arts that have inspired me to write. If fact, one single movie and one single book inspired me to write this blog specifically:
The movie Julie and Julia, starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams, and the book Falling in Love With English Boys, by Melissa Jensen.

In both, two lives are paralled through a blog and a book, the blog during the 21st century, and through a diary (or Julia Child's cookbook).

About a year ago, I was at the best store in existence (Barnes and Noble) and I ran across a book called 1001 Movies to See Before You Die. Let me be the first to say this book is AWESOME. There isn't a single movie I see before consulting this huge movie manual to see if it made it in there. Steven Jay Schneider, here's to you.

At the moment I have only seen 54 of these wonderful movies. I have a loooooooong way to go. I invite everyone out there reading this to join me as I try to conquer what few others have done. I'll take you movie by movie, and book by book, into a world of inspiration, comedy, romance, drama, classics, and relief from everything in the outside world. I'll make suggestions and even tell you if the movies are worth your time, or if you can live without seeing them.

But why stick to movies? Romance, comedy, that comes from much more than movies. As I said before, it's embedded in the pages of every book known to man, and even those not. So this blog will be an adventure for everyone and the place to find out what movies, books, and maybe even a little television are worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment