Friday, February 18, 2011

Something to Wrap Your Mind Around

So I just got back from this AMAZING movie.

My mom says it's Die Hard meets the Bourne Trilogy. I just thought it was down-right awesome.

Fandango said it was a so-so movie, but that didn't stop half of the city of Katy to go see Unknown tonight at 6:30. The theater was absolutely packed (I had to sit next to a stranger :P), but i have a very good feeling everyone left more than impressed.

I hate to admit that I have yet to see Die Hard or the Bourne movies, but if it's anything like Unknown, I will be watching them very soon.

With Liam Neeson starring as Dr. Martin Harris and Diane Kruger supporting him as taxi driver Gina, Unknown did a great job keeping the audience on their feet.

After being in a car accident, Dr. Harris finds out that someone has taken his identity, claiming he is the true Dr. Martin Harris. The movie follows Liam Neeson and Diane Kruger as they try to find out why someone has stolen Dr. Martin's identity.

January Jones stars as Elizabeth Harris, Dr. Harris's wife, and portrays the character almost flawlessly, dropping very subtle hints throughout the movie, see if you can pick them up.

I don't want to give too much of the movie away, so I'll just stop there and let you figure out the rest on your own.

The whole movie, my mom and I whispered back and forth, wondering who did what, and what would happen next. Unknown had many suspenseful moments that had both my mom and I shaking, yelling at the characters.

As crazy as all this may seem, we weren't the only people acting like this. Almost everyone at the theater was seen at one point and time leaning over to their date (did you know 6:30 is the perfect time to go to the movies on a date if you're over the age of 50? I swear my mom and I were the youngest people in the theater) and whisper their own assumptions.

If there's one thing I can tell you about this movie, it's that I CANNOT wait until this comes out on DVD/BluRay. I may even go see it again before it leaves theaters. We tried to convince my dad to come, but he wasn't up to it, but I'll tell you he would've loved it.

Guy or girl, young or old, this movie was great and I think anybody (over the age of 14 really) will love this movie filled with suspense and action. This totally unpredictable movie definitely earned the full 4 and 1/2 stars I'm giving it. (Haha FULL 4 and a HALF, that's kinda funny)

And speaking of unpredictable, I just finished reading a GREAT book. I will admit, it took me much longer than I had hoped, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

A Bend in the Road, by Nicholas Sparks, contains everything you would expect in a typical Nicholas Sparks book. Love, Romance, Love, Romance, Sadness, More Love, More Sadness (get my point?)

However, A Bend in the Road has one quality not often seen in one of Mr. Sparks's books, a twist. And you'll never find out what it is unless you read this book, surrounding the mystery of Missy Ryan's death, and the love life of her widow Miles Ryan.

I probably cried the least in this book, of the Nicholas Sparks books that I have read so far that is.

Next movies to see at the theater(or that I hope to see)
-Gnomeo and Juliet; yes it does look a bit childish, but sometimes we all gotta let our inner child shine.
-The Adjustment Bureau; has a little bit of an Unknown edge to it from the commercials. Plus I LOVE Emily Blunt and Matt Damon.
-I Am Number Four; not only does it stars a drop-dead gorgeous British actor, but my favorite person from Glee, Diana Agron. It's also based on a book, which I plan on reading (If Haley ever remembers to bring it to practice, haha) before I go see the movie.

What movies coming out do you plan on seeing?

2 comments:

  1. I am Number Four
    Just Go With It
    Thor
    Drive Angry
    Hall Pass
    But I probably won't get to them all haha : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I definitely want to see all of those, except for Drive Angry...

    ReplyDelete