Friday, February 11, 2011

So Far...

You may look at that last post and think, wow only 54? I've seen way more than 54 movies...

Yea, well so have I. I have seen 54 very specific movies though, and it took only 16 years...

So as part of this blog I have agreed to give you my opinion on the movies I see, and it's only fair to share with everyone what movies I have seen so far out of "the book".

Oh, and I forgot to mention the one downfall I found of this book. About 50% of the movies in here are in a different language. So thank God for subtitles, because otherwise I would have a hard time watching some of these...
And please don't take this blog as an excuse not to buy the book, because the book has so many cool facts about the movies, and even give you a different opinion on why it made it into the book!

So here goes it, the 54 movies I saw before I died, in order of date they first were released. (and maybe a little opinion to go with a few)
1.Dracula (1931) This was an extremely creepy movie, much like the book, which I strongly suggest.
2.Duck Soup (1933) My first Marx Brothers movie ever.
3.King Kong (1933) Sadly I was expecting a better airplane scene, but it was still incredible that in the 30's this was the best special effects. Movie technology has come so far and it's cool to look back on what used to be the best there was.
4.Sabotage (1936) One of Many Alfred Hitchcock Movies to make "the book".
5.Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (1937) This movie is the epitome of Disney and any body who hasn't seen this was seriously deprived as a child and needs to get themselves a copy right away.
6.Stagecoach (1939) The first John Wayne Movie I ever saw. I hope his others are better...
7.The Wizard of Oz (1939) Song, Dance, and it's in color (for part of the movie)! Another big step in movie technology and I repeat my earlier comment about Snow White if you haven't seen this yet.
8.His Girl Friday (1940) Saw this last weekend. I have never heard people talk so fast...
9.Fantasia (1940) Another Disney great.
10.Pinoccio (1940) If I told you this movie was a waste of time, my nose would be 10 feet long.
11.Dumbo (1941) Only dumbo's would pass up this movie (hehe).
12.Casablanca (1942) Definitely not a vampire movie like I thought it was when I was younger, but a GREAT love story.
13.It's A Wonderful Life (1946) And a wonderful movie. Not a Christmas goes by that I don't watch it at least 3 times.
14.The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951) Classic Sci-Fi, and much like King Kong, the technological innovations of the time were just incredible.
15.Seven Brides For Seven Brothers (1954) For music lovers, this is a great one!
16.A Star is Born (1954) Featuring my birthday buddy, Judy Garland, this 3 hour movie definitely sung its way into "the book".
17.The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956) But not how to entertain an audience. I could not wait for this movie to be over.
18.12 Angry Men (1957) A great movie, and it even has Piglet in it!
19.Gigi (1958) As a little girl, this was my absolute favorite movie, especially the opening number of Little Girls.
20.Dracula (1958) Better than the first one, but still didn't do the book justice.
21.La Jetee (The Pier) (1961) The first foreign film I watched! Totally wierd, but it was narrated in English which made it somewaht bareable.
22.Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) The first Audrey Hepburn movie I saw. Made me want to go to Tiffany's (:
23.West Side Story (1961) Way better than Romeo and Juliet.
24.To Kill A Mockingbird (1962) Adapted from the novel, but the book was wayyyyyyy better.
25.What Ever Happened to Baby Jane (1962) Odd movie, but I kinda liked it.
26.My Fair Lady (1964) Correction, this was my first Audrey Hepburn movie that I saw many a time as a child, but I haven't seen it in quite some time...
27.The Sound of Music (1965) One of my absolute favorites. If you haven't seen this, please refer back to my Snow White comment.
28.The Jungle Book (1967) Another Disney classic that had the "Bare Necessities" to make it into the book.
29.Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971) Except for maybe one song, this movie is absolutely great! And anything with chocolate in the title has my vote.
30.One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) This movie is definitely cuckoo, but well portrayed by the actor extrondinare Jack Nicholson.
31.The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) This movie takes a while to settle on your brain before you can appreciate its wonder.
32.Carrie (1976) My first Stephen King adapted movie and I have only one word for it, psycho.
33.Star Wars (1977) I don't even think this needs an explanation, just go watch it.
34.Grease (1978) Something about this movie never loses its luster.
35.Halloween (1978) My first "scary" movie; made me realize how much I love scary movies. I even watched it on Halloween.
36.The Jerk (1979) First Steve Martin Movie I DIDNT like....
37.Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) Who doesn't love Indiana Jones?
38.E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) Again, if you haven't seen it, go. NOW.
39.A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) The only good thing about this movie is hottie Johnny Depp. (:
40.The Breakfast Club (1985) Ahhh the Brat Pack, gotta love 'em.
41.Back to the Future (1985) Marty McFly is McHot. There is no reason why this shouldn't be in the book.
42. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) Best movie to watch on a day home sick. That's when I first saw it. (:
43.Bull Durham (1988) Although it was a little vulgar, I must admit, I did enjoy this, plus I love me some baseball (:
44.Big (1988) Everyone loves Tom Hanks, and I do too. Very funny and has such a great story line.
45.When Harry Met Sally (1989) Definitely in my top 5 favorite movies, I very strongly suggest this movie.
46.Pretty Woman (1990) Very good romantic flick(:
47.Groundhog Day (1993) Another Great romance. Although, If I were Bill Murray I would hate the song "I've Got You Babe".
48.Forrest Gump (1994) LOVE IT! Top 5 All-Time Favs!
49.The Lion King (1994) See Snow White.
50.Babe (1995) I never really liked this movie as a kid really, but as for my opinion now? I honestly can't remember too much about it.
51.Toy Story (1995) Possibly the best Disney Movie ever in my opinion. That and Peter Pan, which sadly didn't make it into "the book".
52.Titanic (1997) The ship may have sunk, but the movie skyrocketed, dubbed one of the best love stories ever. I can't remember a time it wasn't playing at my Aunt's house when I was younger, and my best friend has every single line memorized. Definitely worth the 3+ hours.
53.Meet the Parents (2000) A Painfully Humorous movie about the Fockers. It makes you cringe and laugh at the same time.
54.The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001,2002,2003) So does this count as 3 movies? I wonder... Either way, great trilogy.

So That concludes my extensive list of movies...
I would just like to say if any one would ever like to, I'm always open to suggestions for books or movies!
Which movies do you think should be in "the book"?
I wonder what I will watch next...

No comments:

Post a Comment