Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love is in the Air

Happy Valentine's day everyone!
Or as I like to call it, Single's Awareness Day!

Yet I must admit, as the hopeless romantic I am, Valentine's Day is one of the best holidays of the year. It gives us another excuse to say I Love You to those dearest to our hearts, maybe even someone we wouldn't say it to on a normal basis.

For those of you who have no plans, here's some suggestions. You and your loved one (or bowl of ice cream for those who don't have one) gather in front of the TV and pop in a good 'ol romantic movie. It doesn't have to be super sappy, but just something to get love in the air.

Don't know what to watch? Well who better than to ask than me?!

Here's some of my favorite romances and why they're a great pick for Valentine's Day.

Of course, as if the title doesn't give it away, there's Valentine's Day. This movie has everyone's favorite actors and actresses (I hate that everybody is refered to as an actor these days, regardless of gender). It's funny and has a great, even if predictable, storyline.

My strongest recommendation is to watch When Harry Met Sally. I wasn't joking before when I said that movie makes my top 5. I don't want a Romeo, I want a Harry. This movie is so good, and probably the best romantic comedy of ALL time. I even watched it this morning, and I think it gets better every time I watch it.

If I can't get a Harry, I would want Charlie from Letters to Juliet. I would kill to have someone scale the side of a tower to kiss me. This movie connects to all generations, and touches everyones heart. Plus there are tons of hot Italian and British guys in this movie, and what's better than a sexy accent?

On the more sporty side of romance, Kirsten Dunst stars in the tennis flick Wimbledon. I haven't seen this movie in a while, but it's another great that I could watch over and over without getting sick of it.

Want to get on your guy's good side? Watch Spiderman, another Kirsten Dunst great. Yea, I know, it's not exactly a romance, but it has its romantic moments. The kiss between Peter Parker/Spidey and Mary Jane even made Yahoo!'s top five kissing scenes!

Now this next movie definitely isn't romantic, but it's gaurenteed for a good cuddle. My Soul To Take, Wes Craven's new movie, just came out. I saw this in the theaters and I LOVED it. My mom and friend Megan didn't however. I will be blunt, it is EXTREMELY cheesy. We're talking the original Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th kinda cheesy. It's no Paranormal Activity, but it has a lot of blood and guts and even a couple of scary pop-out moments. Even if it doesn't scare you, you can always pretend to be scared to get your guy to cuddle with you.

If you're looking for a more classic approach, Casablanca is a good one. Harry and Sally even watch it together in When Harry Met Sally and debate over the final scene and whether Ingrid Bergman's character, Ilsa, made the right decision. I don't think she did, but what do you think?

Another one of my top 5 movies is The Phantom of the Opera. I think this is one of the greatest love stories ever. It may come across as a girly movie because of all the singing, but I have known a number of guys to enjoy it. One of my favorite songs from the movie is "All I Ask of You". I will find a way to play it at my wedding, it is one of the most romantic songs ever. If you ever get a chance to see it on broadway go!!!!!! I saw it last summer and it took my breath away.

My last suggestion of the night, although there are THOUSANDS I could suggest, would be The Proposal. Betty White is a movie/Tv LEGEND and she is quite a character in this movie. I think I saw this in the theaters at least twice because I loved it so much. For those of you who haven't seen this, I am almost positive it would make it into "the book", but sadly the book was published in 2007.

I would love to hear what you watched for Valentine's Day!
And thanks to everyone who has been reading, it makes it more enjoyable for me to keep writing!
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment