Monday, April 25, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything

When I logged on today, as per my usual ritual, I checked my comments and then my stats. I couldn't believe what I saw! Over 600 views! That is just incredible. I am so blessed to have such great friends, family, and followers. Thanks for making this blog worthwhile. I have to say, I was most excited that 5 of those views had come from the UK. (:

You know how much I love me some Brits. In addition, a lot of what I have to talk about today has to do with Great Britain!

Fortunately, I have a bunch of books and movies to talk about. Unfortunately, since I have so many to include, I'm not going to go as in depth as I normally would.

As I write, I'm watching the special features from the newest Harry Potter. Special features are one of my favorite parts of movies. Film interests me so much, and the work put into the film to make the final product  infatuates me. Plus I am just really really really really really really really really really really really obsessed with Harry Potter. I totally wish I went to Hogwarts. A lot of people ask who from the series is my favorite character. I would say Hermione for sure. Not only do I feel like I can connect with her, being a bookworm and studious person, but I would (SPOILER) marry Ron in a second.

While on the subject of Harry Potter, I will go ahead and give my review of the newest movie in the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. I watched it on my way home from Dallas last night, and I swear, that movie gets better every time I watch it. I saw it twice when it was in the theaters, once at the midnight premiere (of course) and a second time with my dad. If it didn't cost an arm and a leg to go to the movies, I wouldv'e gone every day. Since it came out on BluRay and DVD, I have seen it twice.

This movie is slower than the others, and there isn't as much action, but for those of you people who refuse to read the books (JK Rowling you are my idol) I will let you know this, the book is the same way in the beginning. This was one of my favorite books of the series, and the director, David Yates, did such an incredible job on this movie. They incorporated some of my favorite parts from the books into the movie already and the story line followed very closely. It was a good start to the end.

It's a good thing Part 2 comes out during the summer, because I will go into PPD (Post Potter Depression). I already have a bit, knowing that it all ends in July. In fact, I almost started to cry watching the 4 minute preview of the first scene with Ollivander on the special features, no lie.

For fellow Potter Fans (BEWARE FOR SPOILERS) I know you will agree with me when I say, If they don't have Bellatrix's death scene absolutely correct, I will walk out and demand a refund. My absolute favorite line of all time is "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" Mrs. Weasley is my savior for that line.

Well I better stop myself now, otherwise I could talk about Harry Potter for the rest of my life, no lie. So I will go on to the first movie I watched since my last post.

I finally saw Robin Hood, the version with Russel Crowe. I would probably give it about a 2 1/2. The whole movie, I was pretty confused. I thought that it was going to be like the Disney movie Robin Hood. But in actuallity, it was what happened before the Disney version. It explained the story of how Robin Hood became the wanted criminal. But never once did it really tell you that until the very end, so the whole time I was thinking, Disney lied! The action scenes were pretty cool, I guess, but I still feel like it lacked a big something. I would watch it again, if the time presented itself, though.

The last movie I have to talk about is more than just a movie. It's also a broadway play. And one of the greatest musicals of ALL TIME. As an aspiring writer, I admire the playwrite behind Mamma Mia! They didn't start with a story and add songs, they started with the songs and incorporated a story line into them. That is just downright amazing.

I first saw Mamma Mia! with my aunt, cousins, friend Shelly and her mom, and my mom. Of course the moms loved it, because the music was from their generation, but Shelly and my cousin did not. I, however, enjoyed it quite thoroughly and would have given it 4 stars at the time. However, 25 times or more watching it later and singing the soundtrack at the top of my lungs for days on end, I would now give it 5 stars. It is one of my favorite movies and movie soundtracks. I'm a sucker for a love story and musicals are my weakness.

On top of that I love love love Meryl Streep, she is such an amazing actress. Amanda Seyfried is also one of my favorite actresses. When I first saw Mamma Mia! I would have never guessed that she was the same girl that played the stupid, plastic, Karen, from mean girls. I thought she was so amazing, and this movie made me fall in love with her as an actress. Another familiar face in this movie is Julie Walters, or as many know her, Mrs. Weasley, from Harry Potter. A future "king" is in it as well, Collin Firth, the british actor from The King's Speech.

I don't believe I watched any more movies after that, but I may have.

I did finish The Choice, and Hayla, you were right, that book was great! At first it was really slow, but as Nicholas Sparks is famous for, it soon became an enthralling love story I just could not put down. I wish to someday be as highly regarded to as this man. He has inspired me so much, almost as much as J.K. Rowling has. Not only has he inspired me to become a great writer, but he has inspired me to read more (more than I already do).

Well, I haven't much else to say. In creative writing, we just finished writing our create your own adventure stories. Mine was a parody of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. I, myself, found it pretty funny, and similar to the series in many ways.  Maybe I'll put an excerpt up later! Next, we are going to send off a story to publisher! I'm excited for that part.

Now I'm off to watch Royal Wedding Week on TLC. It's the wedding of the century!!!! I love Brits!!! Hehe. I will tell you I'm not crazy enough to wake up at 4 in the morning to watch the wedding though. I'm recording it, which is just as fun.

I hope this will tide everyone over until I am able to post again, especially since I've been so busy lately. More to come soon though!

Until Next Time!

2 comments: