Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Moral of the Story Is...

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! I'm so glad it's only Saturday night, because that means I have a whole other day to watch movies, read, and chill!

Today, after watching a great win by my sister's softball team, the diamonds, Courtney and I decided we wanted to go see a movie. My top picks were Water For Elephants and Scream 4. Hers, Scream 4 and Insidious. So we decided on Scream 4, even though neither of us had seen the previous Screams.

We got to the theater, extremely excited for the movie, only to find out it's rated R...

Do you know how mad I was? ONE FREAKIN' MONTH!!!!!!! They (doing their job) wouldn't let us in... ONE MONTH (until I'm 17)! UGH. So we went home, disappointed, and took a little pit stop. Our hopes went skyward when we stopped at the wonderful Oh La La cupcake bakery. I love that place!!!!

Cupcakes in tow, we went home, still wanting to watch a movie, especially a scary one. So, we picked The Evil Dead, not only was it supposedly scary, but it was also in the book! My 59th movie from "The Book"!!!!

However, the only thing scary about this movie is why it made its way into "the book". I give it a 1 at best.

The movie was about a group of teenagers who decided to take a camping trip in a remote forest, where a strange creature lurks about. Zombies.....

It all started when a girl, who was very paranoid, went out, by herself mind you, into the forest in the middle of the night. While she is on this walk, the trees, yes the trees, start to attack her. They tie her down to the floor, rip all of her clothes off, and then, get this, they start to rape her... Does any one understand how insane this is?

Guess what happens next...

She turns into a vicious zombie. Because. a. tree. raped. her.

So then she turns crazy, like in any scary movie, and tries to either kill her friends, or turn them into a zombie, until there is only one left. The movie is similar to other scary movies of the time.

Courtney and I laughed the entire movie, especially when the zombies started to die, and the special effects were a claymation scene...

This movie was just pathetic, and quite frankly, I'm not sure it deserves the words and the time I have given it.

So kids, the moral of the story is... don't have sex with trees!

59 down, 952 movies to go!

Until nest time...

No comments:

Post a Comment