Monday, June 27, 2011

101 more people! Literally!

Only 101 more pageviews needed until I get 1001 pageviews! I feel like this will be a significant milestone in my quest to see 1011 movies... Ya think?

Well tonight I have 2 reviews for you, not much, but better than nothing!

I went and saw XMen: First Class with my mom. I LOVE XMEN!!!!!!
That is probably one of my favorite superhero series. They aren't cheesy like Superman, and aren't super overrated like Batman!

I love how the new XMen ties into all of the old ones, but brings in a lot of new as well, plus, for those who haven't seen any XMen, you can watch this and still understand the story line!

My favorite part of this movie, well one of my favorites, is that Mystique (the blue chick) is played by the same girl that will play Katniss Evergreen in The Hunger Games!!!! Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss/Mystique) has such a great on-screen personality and charisma, and she has the perfect persona to play Katniss, I'm super excited for Hunger Games now!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I will furhershur be at the midnight premiere for this movie. I'm somewhere below Twilight obsessed, but it made my 2nd favorite series spot... so....

Enough Said.

Now for book club update. Can I say I love being in a book club?
The better question is can I say it enough times?
I don't think I can, but perhaps I shall try!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

I love being in a book club!

OK, I think you get my just.

Anyways, I just finished reading I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max. The sad part is that this book is ALL TRUE. Which is Absolutely. Insane.

My first thought was I was reading the memoirs of Barney Stenson, from How I Met Your Mother, but even Tucker Max would make Barney cringe.

This is one of those books that is so disturbing you can't put it down...
You like it,
But you hate it.
It makes you uncomfortable,
It makes you laugh,
And then it makes you never want to talk to another man in your entire life.

All I can say is... EW. STD CENTRAL.

Enough Said. (My catch-phrase of the day?)

2 stars, for the few non-sex/drug/alcohol related stories that actually were tolerable.
We are supposed to watch the movie version if it at book club, but I'm not sure if I could sit through that pain again.

The saddest part? Tucker Max is genuinely a good writer...
He should put his skills to a better standard.
If for some reason you feel the need to check this guy out he has a blog too...
tuckermax.com
I have yet to check it out, I'm a bit frightened, but your welcome to go ahead and let me know how it goes!

Now onto The Heretic's Daughter for bookclub!

Also, in lue of the Harry Potter Premiere in 18 days, 2 hours, and 22 minutes (as of the moment I write this) mi y mi familia are watching a Harry Potter Movie a night, time permitted. Each night I watch one, instead of providing you with a review here is my review of them all in a whole:

THEY. ARE. AWESOME.

Enough Said. (There I go again!)

But I will provide some fun facts I have gathered over the years about each movie.

Sorceror's Stone (being the only one we've rewatched so far) I have a few.

The last scene in the movie where Harry and friends board the Hogwarts Express to go home was actually the first scene to be shot. In this shot (and a rare few others) you can catch a glimpse of Hermione's buck teeth. The directors wanted to keep this true to the book, but after the few scenes decided not too. Also, they wanted to have Daniel Radcliffe wear green contacts to include Harry's green eyes, but Daniel was allergic to the contacts so in that last scene, Harry (Daniel) has extremely red eyes, that are only noticeable in closeups if you look for them!


And did you know in England the first book was called the Philosopher's Stone?


Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment