Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bang Bang, Shoot 'Em Up, Shoot 'Em Up, Yeah

So, I have this thing, where I feel the need to watch every movie by a certain actress and/or actor. You might have noticed that in my past posts. I've given a "counter" of movies I've seen by Resse Witherspoon, Meryl Streep, Woody Allen, Jennifer Aniston, Rachel McAdams, and now, I'm about to do one for Amanda Seyfried!

Yay! (Get Excited!!!)

Ever since I saw her in Mamma Mia! I fell in love with her as an actress. Then, I found out she was dumb Karen from Mean Girls! This girl is a great actress! So anyways, I've actually seen a majority of her movies and she was a main character on the show Big Love for a while, so I'll have to make a point to see that eventually. But yea, here's what I've seen and what I thought of it!
  • Mean Girls (5 Stars)
  • American Gun (2 Stars) - I actually watched this today, so the review is coming afterwards!
  • Mamma Mia! (5 Stars)
  • Dear John (4 Stars) [and a great book if you haven't read it]
  • Letters to Juliet (5 Stars and one of my all-time favs!)
  • Started to watch Chloe, but never finished it...
OK - so I haven't exactly seen that many... 5 out of 14 that have been released into theaters. So basically a third... But that's pretty good progress compared to some of my others! (:

Now, like I said, I just watched American Gun, which Amanda Seyfried was in for a total of about two minutes... >.< But, I watched it and can cross it off the list, Thank Goodness.

SUPER DEPRESSING.

American Gun is a story about three different stories (I know confusing) that all have to do with guns. A lot of people get killed, a lot of guns are shot, and there's a lot of bombs dropped (not the killing kind though, the f-bomb). It wasn't exactly my cup of tea. The movie was really disjointed, and a bit confusing, but overall it was just pretty depressing.

It had a lot of semi-big-name actors and actresses: Donald Sutherland, Forest Whitaker, Nikki Reed, and Marcia Gay Harden, but they just didn't sell the movie to me. It just kinda put me in a bummer mood honestly. The ending was awful, it left so many unanswered questions. But, it was one of those movies that really get you thinking. It left a real impact on me, in an unexplainable sort of way.

I wouldn't exactly recommend watching this if your looking for entertainment value, but if you looking for something that will leave you thinking, it's not a bad choice. My instinct was that I hated the movie, but the more I thought about it, I just wasn't a fan, and it was OK overall, which is why I gave it 2 stars. It's not really something I plan on seeing again, but I can always say that I've seen it.

Also, I've noticed that my entries are a lot longer when I do them on the computer... Haha.

Kbye.

Peace Out Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment