Monday, March 12, 2012

Being Famous

Before I get started, I wanted to clarify a few things. Just like J.K. Rowling did in the The Goblet of Fire when Hermione told Krum how to pronounce her name!

Many people ask me, "You only want to see 1001 movies?" or "You haven't seen 1001 movies yet?"
People seem to think that this blog is the quest to see ANY 1001 movies before I die, but that is NOT the case.

Trust me, I've seen many more than 1001 movies already, just look at my Netflix account for proof...
This is the quest to see a specific 1001 movies before I die. I SPECIFICALLY want to the the 1001 movies that are in the book: 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die.

Now is everything crystal clear? Or do you need to clean your screen with some Windex?

Now time for the good stuff.

Another actress that I really want to see all of her movies is Sandra Bullock. Let's see how I'm doing so far, shall we?
  • The Blind Side (4 Stars)
  • The Proposal (5 Stars)
  • All About Steve (2 Stars)
  • Miss Congeniality 2 (3 Stars)
  • Two Weeks Notice (4 Stars)
  • Miss Congeniality (5 Stars)
  • Lisa Picard is Famous (1 Star)
  • Practical Magic (4 Stars)
  • Hope Float (3 Stars)
That would mean I've seen 9 of the 42 movies Netflix lists her in. That's almost as pathetic as the number of Meryl Streep movies I've seen. That's 20 % of her movies...

Of course, just because she's in a movie doesn't mean she's actually "in" it...

For example, last night me and my sister watched Lisa Picard is Famous... She was "in" it for about 10 minutes.

This movie LPF (as I will shorten it) is a mockumentary. This is my first experience with a mockumentary. I didn't like the movie at all, obviously. The whole time I thought it was a documentary, before I was on Netflix that it was a fake, but then I was a bit relieved.

This movie follows the life of Lisa Picard and her best friend Tate as they travel on the long hard road to becoming famous. The documentarian is constantly asking people if they think Lisa will cut it, when she very obviously does not have what it takes to become an actress, but they of course, always say yes. The whole movie is basically making fun of the millions of people who think they have what it takes to become the next big thing, when in reality, they are nothing close to it.

It features a lot of celebrity cameos, with the likes of such, including, Charlie Sheen, Spike Lee, and of course, Sandra Bullock.

Her part in the film was actually one f the funniest parts. Lisa and Tate ran into her at a US store and start talking to her like they've known her their whole life. Poor Sandra, so confused, but pretends to know them, she even let's the documentarian interview her for a bit. But her 15 minutes of fame in that movie did not make it worth it to sit through the whole thing. So please don't waste your time. This is your final warning.

Oh, and I hope you all know that my translation for Spring Break is Non-stop movies and blogging, so keep up with my posts or you'll be very behind and might miss something important! (;

Enjoy the break while it lasts, and watch more movies!!!

Peace Out Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment