Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lucas's Suggestion #1

I finally had my first movie request/suggestion! (well aside from Hot Rod which I may or may not ever get to...)

My friend Lucas from school suggested two movies to me on the Facebook group yesterday and I watched the first one this morning!

This movie was called Boy Wonder, and it wasn't that bad. It's a thriller, which isn't my usual movie type, but as I let it sink in, I kind of enjoyed it. It was something different from my norm, which was nice; refreshing even.

I've seen thrillers in the past that I like better, honestly, but here's a little about Boy Wonder:

In BW, a teenage boy is tormented by his past. He witnessed a carjacker murder his mom as a very young boy. The kid, Sean, grew up with a vengeance and became a Peter Parker type character, going around "righting justice" by killing wanted criminals who, too, had been charged with previous murders.

In many ways, the character Sean reminded me of Spiderman without the super powers. He lost a member of his family, so he goes around NYC killing people who did others wrong.

Unlike spiderman however, Sean was very sloppy... He used the same gun every time, the men he killed all lived in the same neighborhood, and he looked up mug shots at the local police department, where a detective starts to pick up on things.

That's just an overview of it mostly. At first when I started watching the movie I didn't think I'd like it. But it was actually pretty good and towards the end, a lot of strings start tying together and the suspense builds up to a twist at the end of the movie. And as sloppy as Sean was, he was actually a smart kid and pulled a lot of stuff over unnoticed. Pretty cool if you ask me, except that he got away with murder on many accounts... That's not cool.

If anyone else wants to, I love suggestions! That was a good one Lucas, can't wait to watch the next!

Thanks! Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment