Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rainy Day Movie!

Man you gotta love those rainy days. (:
I sure do.
It's the perfect atmoshpere to curl up in bed or on the couch and watch a movie, which, of course, is exactly what I decided to do. (While painting my nails, BONUS!)

So the movie I picked for today was Nine Lives. It's a rather odd movie actually, and I give it two stars at best. It was a series of vingettes, short stories, about 9 different women's relationships with someone. Whether it be a mother, father, child, lover, or themself, each story was about 15 to 20 minutes long.

It was just enough time to really start connecting with the character, then BAM. That's it, shows over folks, let's move on to the next girl...

Super ANNOYING. And if that wasn't torture enough, the directors/writers/producers decided that in each story they would sprinkle in one of the previous, or yet to be mentioned character, as a very minor role. Like someone at a funeral, or the nurse, or a police. They don't have a main part in that person's story, but they are there nonetheless.

In addition, the whole movie makes many refrences to how small the world is and how each person is connected to another. Central Theme maybe? Just a hunch anyways.

One thing that this movie had going for it was it's cast: Robin Wright (who played Jenny in Forest Gump), Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter), Amy Brenneman (who's in one of my favorite The Jane Austen Book Club), Amanda Seyfried (the reason I watched this movie, one of my favorite actresses and also Karen from Mean Girls), Sissy Spacek (mainly known for Carrie, but in numerous other films), and Glenn Close (who doesn't know Glenn Close? Sarah Plain and Tall, 101 Dalmations, and MUCH more).

So yea... See it, don't see it. Up to you really. I'll probably never watch it again, but no biggie if I do. I honestly am just kinda nuetral on this movie. It had it's ups and downs I guess. Actually, don't watch it, probably a waste of your time.

Peace Out Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment